Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this hose and where doe it go???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this hose and where doe it go???

Hi all, If y'all have read my previous posts y'all knwo about my position. In brief, I laid my bike down and now # 3 and 4 carbs are flooding. I have a broken ankle and take in in to the shop yet. I've been "tinkering" with my bike, well more like fidling and trying to see if there is anything obvious that would make my bike mess up. I took out my battery and noticed this black hose that ran into the #2? carb that wasnt attached to anything at the other end. My question is, where is this supose to go? I havne't taken off the gas tank because Ive never done that before to look and see if it was to go up there, so before I do that, I wanted to check and see if y'all knew. Thanks!

I'm thinking that's your fuel line while the other is your vacuum. But have you looked on Basscliff's site yet? He has a document there showing where everything goes.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That's the overflow hose.
      One side doesn't connect to anything.

It's between carb 1 and 2 right?

It merely runs over the Air box.

--------------
      On a seperate note.....

Your fuel line is between carb 2 and 3.
      Your vacuum line connects to the front area between carb 1 and 2 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
        That's the overflow hose.
        One side doesn't connect to anything.

It's between carb 1 and 2 right?

It merely runs over the Air box.

--------------
        On a seperate note.....

Your fuel line is between carb 2 and 3.
        Your vacuum line connects to the front area between carb 1 and 2 I believe.
        Overflow comes out the ends of the carbs (usually into the cylinders). This hose is a vent. Route it behind the airbox so it's out of the wind. Otherwise, cross-winds will play havoc with the air pressure in your carbs, making the bike surge in a rather annoying fashion.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
        X