For future reference: Napa stud kit part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For future reference: Napa stud kit part number

A lot of people mentioned a $12.99 exhaust stud kit at Napa that would fit our bikes but I couldn't find a part number while searching or in Napa's website. After spending twenty minutes explaining to the guy what I needed (and hearing at least five times "but sir, the computer says we don't have studs for a 1982 Suzuki GS1100GL") and finally finding it myself on THEIR catalog, I thought I'd post the part number here for those that come looking after me.

Part number BK 6002604. Link.

Includes 10 M8x1.25x62mm studs and 10 nuts.

I measured my bolts at 50mm without the head so this should be about perfect.

thanks for that info. your a gentleman

Comment

This should fit other bikes besides an 1100, right?

Comment

thank you so much i've tried napa before and they were uhm not bright when it comes to finding things without part numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          This should fit other bikes besides an 1100, right?
          That I don't know Mike, I'm really a newbie on this whole stuff. All I've seen mentioned while researching this are 8mm bolts/studs so chances are that they will work for you too (what bike is it? put it in your signature). I would also measure the length of your existing bolt and add about 10mm to account for the nut, see if these fit.

Originally posted by Dodik View Post
          thank you so much i've tried napa before and they were uhm not bright when it comes to finding things without part numbers
          Yeah, I hate to go there without part numbers but sometimes you just don't have any other option. I think their software is just as bad as their website and that's why it seems to be impossible for them to find anything by any other factor than Make/Model/Year.
          I tried to buy an oversize oil plug there a few weeks ago, just gave up and bought it at Autozone in 3 minutes.

Comment

Sorry for the dumb question, but are these for the exhaust with a couple left over?
            1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
            1983 GS 1100 G
            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Well, I got home and measured the studs with my caliper and they are nowhere close to 62mm. They are only 55mm and that's including the the hex part. Maybe 50mm usable tops.

Hope it still works.

Comment

Originally posted by scaylabs View Post
                Well, I got home and measured the studs with my caliper and they are nowhere close to 62mm. They are only 55mm and that's including the the hex part. Maybe 50mm usable tops.

Hope it still works.

Any updates??? Did the stud kit you mentioned above work??

Comment

Darin,

It worked, but I think I had 10mm inside the head at most. I ran it like that for a month with no problems but I switched to Stainless hex head screws from Mccarr when I had a chance.

I'm not completely sure if all GS's use the same length bolts from factory though (I've seen mentioned some conflicting lengths) so give the ones you have on now a quick measure and if they are under 50mm (thread, not counting the head) you should be fine with this kit.

Comment

I checked into this last night. The bolts for my current header (Mac 4-1) are definitely NOT 50mm... In fact... 40mm is too long. 30mm is too short. They appear to be more along the lines of a 35mm (M8-1.25 x 35). The threads in the existing bolts are seated ALMOST all the way into the holes, with only a couple of mm to spare.

I ended up just cleaning up and repainting the current bolts for now, until I can order some new socket-head Stainless ones from McMaster-Carr....

Comment

It works fine for the stock pipes I believe. They are a bit short for most aftermarket pipes (at least the V&H, Bassani & Yoshi that I have...)

O Reily does them cheaper...
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Stopped at Tacoma Screw Products today and picked up some Stainless M8 x 1.25 x 35mm Socket Heat Cap Screws and they fit the Mac 4-1 perfectly! Glad to have that finished and it looks very clean!

Comment

Good info, but we dont have NAPA here in Canada, and our local fastener place doesnt sell metric studs
                          Just 8mm stainless (ready rod (sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                            Good info, but we dont have NAPA here in Canada, and our local fastener place doesnt sell metric studs
                            Just 8mm stainless (ready rod (sp?)
                            Yes we do,Victoria location is 555 Ardesier Rd,It's just off Dougas.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                              Yes we do,Victoria location is 555 Ardesier Rd,It's just off Dougas.
                              You mean Fastener Force? I asked them and they said no metric studs
                              EDIT: Oh you mean a NAPA? Thats up by the Red Lion isnt it?
                              I searched the part# bk 6002604 at the website and its not found
                              Last edited by Guest; 07-12-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X