Just a couple 'make me smarter' questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a couple 'make me smarter' questions

The picture on this auction shows a bike with a shaft drive on the RIGHT side. I thought all the G models had the shaft on the left side.

And a pair of mufflers, regardless of manufacture, really that valuable? For just a few bucks more, you can get a complete system!

Bike pictured is a honda

Comment

Maxxim's have it on the right (some).

Can't help you with the original question as I don't know but sorry to see you're still looking for an exhaust system!

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
        Bike pictured is a honda
        Agreed. I tried blowing it up a bit, it appears to be a 900 Custom.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Honda CB1000 custom with the 10-speed transmission.
          Way too much money.

Comment

The crappy photo in the auction is just the standard crappy photo that Dennis Kirk and others have always used in their catalog.

In other words, the exhaust system will fit the bikes stated -- they just used the standard photo of a Jardine system, which happens to be some Honda.

If you read the auction text, this is explained.

Now, whether it's worth it or not is up to you, but they're not making any more, and neither is anyone else. IIRC, these were over $400 new, but on the Jardines I've seen, the quality was never that impressive.
            Last edited by bwringer; 03-15-2011, 06:27 AM.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
              Can't help you with the original question as I don't know but sorry to see you're still looking for an exhaust system!
              Yeah... "Champagne taste, beer budget" Still looking for a 4-1 or 4-2 that exits straight out like the OE, that costs less than my monthly rent payment.

Would prefer a decent used system. Trouble is everyone seems to have a different definition for 'decent'. There's a guy on Fleabay selling what he claims is an setup for my bike, but it's obviously not. Megaphones look like crap on the exit end. Then he won't talk about allowing me to look at them or local pickup, even though Fleabay says he's only 80 miles away.

Beginning to lean toward the V-H Sidewinder and adding the optional baffle.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post

Beginning to lean toward the V-H Sidewinder and adding the optional baffle.
                Don't you ever want to turn right?
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  Don't you ever want to turn right?
                  I thought that pipe exited along the same basic elevation as the OE system. Am I incorrect (again)?

Comment

The pipe is mounted a bit higher, but goes completely beside the engine, rather than under it.
                    This allows you to lower the bike for drag racing.
                    I think you have to modify the brake lever a bit, not sure about the footpeg.
                    Cornering clearance is greatly compromised on the right side.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

<sigh>

The search goes on then....

Comment

Working...
                      X