81 gs1100 with jet questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs1100 with jet questions

Have a 81 GS1100 with pods and 4 into 1 exhaust. Currently running 47.5 pilots and 140 mains. Some throttle hesitation. I live in phoenix so elev. is 900ft. What config. would work best for me? Cause I know its not this one. Please help! I want to ride!

Where are the needles set & have you adjusted the mixture screws correctly? Also, have you set the float heights correctly too? Ray.

Comment

the dynojet stage 3 kit comes with 132 and 138 jets, and is designed for machines w pods and a 4:1 exhaust. so your jets may be a little big. what is your ignition setup? stock? if it is i'd go for some dyna green 3 ohm coils w/ a relay mod before you monkey w the carbs and see how that does.

Comment

Im running n 81 as well, 47.5 pilots, 150 mains, I have the needle raised about 2mm per washers Ray mentiond to get at Radio Shack. The running is great, but I am at about 1900ft, but with a corrected alt of about 3200ft. So down closer to sea level you may go bigger. After an 80 miles ride I pulled the plugs and they were perfect. However I been getting a bit of an idle raise now after the bike warms up, that i believe to be a needle and seat, or the o-ring seeping. The fuel screws are out 2 1/2 turns I think, I'll check when I pull th carbs Monday is the weather i willing.

Comment

Working...
        X