• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incoming PM for you Ranger
    ---Eric

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
      all you'll have to do is up the main a step...$10 if that much.
      Either you are on drugs or you have never jetted a bike with pods! AFTER you install the adjustable needles, you will STILL go 4-6 sizes up on the main jets, MINIMUM!!! Ray.

Comment

Just like K&N, 60.00

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          I seem to recall someone soaked theirs in some kind of solution to
          "refresh" them.Sorry don't remember the details,maybe someone else
          can chime in who remembers.
          Soak them overnight in a solution of 40%Wintergreen oil and 60%Xylene (Thinners). Did it on mine and worked a treat
          Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            I seem to recall someone soaked theirs in some kind of solution to
            "refresh" them.Sorry don't remember the details,maybe someone else
            can chime in who remembers.

I warmed mine up with a heat gun, soaked them with WD-40 , then warmed them again. Its helps but I dont think it will do much for ultra-hard boots.

I went with pods as well. My boots were bad, Airbox was beat and rusty and needed a filter. Ended up finding a set for $20. Then I added socks over them and gave it a try.

I was suprised that it ran pretty good but I did notice a little lack of throttle over 4000 RPM's. I stuffed some filter material in each pod yesterday and made some screens to make sure it wouldnt suck the material in the carbs. I have not ran it much since this mod but I'll see how it works today.

I bent up this Ultra-Custom shield last night to keep the rain off .

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              Either you are on drugs or you have never jetted a bike with pods! AFTER you install the adjustable needles, you will STILL go 4-6 sizes up on the main jets, MINIMUM!!! Ray.
              I don't remember what sizes I started with but on a stock exhaust, switching to K&N pods, I did not need adjustable needles and I only had to come up one...maybe two...on the mains. No other adjustments needed. The bikes in your area must have been sent out with a very different tune than Oklahoma.

When I added the exhaust I had to go through all kinds of hell.

Comment

Of all the techno geeks and others that are ont eh site I have often wondered where the injection molders are.

You can't even find good resources for the subject in a web search.

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                  Just like K&N, 60.00

http://gszone.biz/carbs.html

Very interesting.... Like is now bookmarked
                  ---Eric

Comment

Someone once made some airbox to carbs Carquest rad hose #21379 don't know how they turned out

Comment

Please for the love of all that is holy stop feeding this guy BS about EMGO pods. They are garbage. Period. They don't filter a damn thing and the boot end of it actually causes **** poor air flow. They are cheap for a reason. You wanna buy cheap crap and futz around with it until it runs half assed be my guest. It's your time, your money, your bike and your sanity.

Btw dude. I don't care what these guys say. I've Dicked around with vacuum carbs trying to jet them by hand because I was too stubborn and too cheap to buy a dynojet kit or a factory pro jet kit or whatever jet kit. The bottom line is that it is simply folly to do so. The jets don't mean jack all in the grand scheme of things. Stick a 135 main in there. Go ahead. It'll run. It will ride. But it won't do either the way it's supposed to. Somewhere in the rev range, and possibly in multiple places, it will buck, it will stagger or flat out fall on it's face. You're not paying for jets. You're paying for the needles. And the years of R&D the company did to design the needle that performs with all that extra air.
                      On a vacuum slide carb the mains don't even enter the picture until about 1/2 throttle or so. You can likely run the bike up the street on part throttle with no mains in the damn things.

I spent two seasons fiddling with jet sizes and shimming the stock needles. Always had burbles, lean stammers. Flat spots all over the place. I spent the money, installed the kit, and woe! It was a new bike! Power everywhere! It was the best 120 bucks I ever spent on a GS.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                        Please for the love of all that is holy stop feeding this guy BS about EMGO pods. They are garbage. Period. They don't filter a damn thing and the boot end of it actually causes **** poor air flow. They are cheap for a reason. You wanna buy cheap crap and futz around with it until it runs half assed be my guest. It's your time, your money, your bike and your sanity.

Btw dude. I don't care what these guys say. I've Dicked around with vacuum carbs trying to jet them by hand because I was too stubborn and too cheap to buy a dynojet kit or a factory pro jet kit or whatever jet kit. The bottom line is that it is simply folly to do so. The jets don't mean jack all in the grand scheme of things. Stick a 135 main in there. Go ahead. It'll run. It will ride. But it won't do either the way it's supposed to. Somewhere in the rev range, and possibly in multiple places, it will buck, it will stagger or flat out fall on it's face. You're not paying for jets. You're paying for the needles. And the years of R&D the company did to design the needle that performs with all that extra air.
                        On a vacuum slide carb the mains don't even enter the picture until about 1/2 throttle or so. You can likely run the bike up the street on part throttle with no mains in the damn things.

I spent two seasons fiddling with jet sizes and shimming the stock needles. Always had burbles, lean stammers. Flat spots all over the place. I spent the money, installed the kit, and woe! It was a new bike! Power everywhere! It was the best 120 bucks I ever spent on a GS.

Nuff said.

What he said.
                        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Im just trying to understand all of this stuff as Im still pretty new at it. So the jet kits have different stages right? Stage 3 being pods and exhaust right? I assume the kits come with instructions of some sort
                          ---Eric

Comment

Flatout lists your boots. $27.51 a copy. That doesn't mean they can get them, but it's probably worth a look.
                            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                            __________________________________________________ ______________________
                            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

The guy from Z1 says there are none available in the country
                              ---Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X