Old Petcock Screw Spacing,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Petcock Screw Spacing,

I know some of the old heads out there will know this, so I'm inquiring about petcock screw spacing on the old ' 78-'79 GS1000E's. Need to know
    because I'm looking for an aftermarket petcock and need the distance between screws. This is the old style petcock before the one without the lever.
    Thanks in Advance!
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Surely someone knows this off the top of their head.
    sigpic
    Steve

Comment

44 mm is my calculation,just measured my petcock.(no wisecracks please)

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
      Surely someone knows this off the top of their head.
      http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
      1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        44 mm is my calculation,just measured my petcock.(no wisecracks please)
        Thanks, somehow, someway, I will overcome this leaky petcock issue of mine, in the meantime I'll continue to use the one with the wrong filter that otherwise works perfectly.
        sigpic
        Steve

Comment

Sorry to necro-bump this thread, but does anyone know the bolt spacing for the 1978 GS750?

Cross checking the parts from the 1978 GS1000 answer here shows a different petcock part no. The O-ring, however, is the same. So I believe the spacing is also 44mm, but I forgot to measure that last night.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
            Sorry to necro-bump this thread, but does anyone know the bolt spacing for the 1978 GS750?

Cross checking the parts from the 1978 GS1000 answer here shows a different petcock part no. The O-ring, however, is the same. So I believe the spacing is also 44mm, but I forgot to measure that last night.

TIA
            While you're bumping, I'll pile on.... I got one that is 46 mm spacing- alleged from late 70's suzuki- maybe someone will recall it-see pic
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

My 78 gs750 tank is 44mm, the 44mm adapter plate from Z1 fits perfectly.

Comment

I think the GSes are all either 44mm or 51mm.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here, I'm from England and have a 1980 gsx750 et and I've been having trouble sourcing the correct petcock for my tank, it is the type without a lever and the inlet and vacuum pipe facing the front of the bike, the spacing is 51mm, I don't know if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEnfield View Post
                    Hi, I'm new here, I'm from England and have a 1980 gsx750 et and I've been having trouble sourcing the correct petcock for my tank, it is the type without a lever and the inlet and vacuum pipe facing the front of the bike, the spacing is 51mm, I don't know if that helps.
                    Try this Florida guy- BUT he claims mounting holes are 50 mm; he might measure wrong-so ask him nicely to measure again.
                    I bought a different petcock off him - exact copy of my original.

Welcome, if you are lucky, A guy named Basscliff will greet you with info!

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Excellent, thanks, also, I didn't realise how old this thread was until I re read it.

Comment

Working...
                      X