Different fuel inlet valve and needle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different fuel inlet valve and needle

One fuel inlet valve and needle is different than the other 3 for my '81 850. It is still a 2.0 valve, though the outside of the valve body is shaped differently in that the stepped in section where it is held in by the retaining piece is much higher up the side of the body. The overall height of the valve is different and the needle height is different as well. In fact, the retaining piece doesn't fit flush with the top of the collar like it does with the other 3 inlet valves.

I have ordered another OEM valve, but I am curious what types of problems this could cause with the carbs.

Providing the owners used a gauge to measure fuel height I dont see how it could cause a proble.

Take pictures its all I have really.
    That and the Canadian Tire flyer.

Comment

The 22.4 mm assumes that the float valve and needle are at the same height in every carb or it would be a meaningless measurement. I don't think that any real damage would have been done, but I am ticked that I have to wait a week for the new part to come in before I can finish rebuilding the carbs. Sorry for the rant...

Turning the page...

Comment

Wrong needle seat. Sounds like a 90s & up GSX needle seat.

Comment

Anybody want to buy one???

Comment

Working...
          X