single air filters and cut exhuast jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single air filters and cut exhuast jetting

new to this site and to the world of cruisers i wanted to do my own thing with my bike and bob it out. The airbox was shot so switched it over to single pods and the exhuast was jacked up so cut it to stiaght pipe bike obv. runs to lean what jetting and any tips?

Hi Mr. newschoolgs,

A search of the forum would reveal the common wisdom. If you're looking for a 'plug-n-play' solution, get a Dynojet Stage 3 kit. If you're doing it manually, go up 4 to 6 sizes on the mains, one size on the pilot, shim the needles to try and richen up the middle. But the Dynojet kit has the specially tapered needles for the midrange. Read your plugs using the plug chop method and adjust as necessary to make sure you have it jetted right.

Now let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by newschoolgs View Post
      new to this site and to the world of cruisers i wanted to do my own thing with my bike and bob it out. The airbox was shot so switched it over to single pods and the exhuast was jacked up so cut it to stiaght pipe bike obv. runs to lean what jetting and any tips?
      How did it run before you started cutting? you should have made run good before modifing because now you have no base line to start from, Jetting who knows now?might try 3-4 sizes bigger to start might give you something to work with, maybe.
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Before i started i cleaned out the carbs and it ran pretty decent a little cold blooded but overall not bad.

Comment

any progress with this problem yet im havin an issue with a similar setup although i thoink im workin with some strange vm carbs that dont belong

Comment

Originally posted by uglyripper View Post
            any progress with this problem yet im havin an issue with a similar setup although i thoink im workin with some strange vm carbs that dont belong

I suggest you start your own thread.
            Dont forget to tell folks what kinda bike you're working on.
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
            X