Original Exhaust GS750 E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Exhaust GS750 E

Any suggestion to locate an original exhaust system for a 1979 GS750 E?

I have looked high and low but no luck.

Are they available new or second hand?

I don't want 4 into 1.

The GS is back to original so the original exhaust will finish it off.

Steve
    Springwood
    NSW
    Australia
    79 GS 750 E

keep looking at ebay and put an ad in the wanted parts section is about the best bets.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I've got the primaries and the H box. My mufflers were damaged, though. Surface rust but no structural damage. I'll take $xxx shipped for what I got.

whoops...I didn't see that you were in Australia...it would cost a bit more to ship. If interested I can look into it, though...

Comment

Originally posted by gssteve View Post
        Any suggestion to locate an original exhaust system for a 1979 GS750 E?

I have looked high and low but no luck.

Are they available new or second hand?

I don't want 4 into 1.

The GS is back to original so the original exhaust will finish it off.

Steve
        Springwood
        NSW
        Australia
        Hey there Steve, the best thing I could suggest would be to contact some of the bike wreckers.

I know Liverpool wreckers always have GS stuff at 1/3 BROMLEY RD EMUPLAINS NSW 2750 AUSTRALIA PH 0247357788

and

Ross at Tiaro bike wreckers near Maryborough in QLD who I have sourced hard to get parts from for my GS750B.

Unfortunately as my previous experiences have shown, these bigger GS's in the series were almost always converted to with 4-1 exhausts, often at an early stage.

I DO like the look of the twin muffs, but, like so many others, I love the performance of the 4-1
        Regards,
        Andy
        Queensland Australia

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_PIC00011.jpg
        GS750B (1977)
        Wiseco 850 kit, K&N pods, 4-1 transac, Custom 2 pak paint, IKON shocks, Custom L.E.D light boards (turn + stop/tail + dash)

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. gssteve,

Yes, you're at the mercy of the used markets. Good luck!

In the meantime, let me lay some GS lovin' on you.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

GS750E exhaust

Basscliff: thanks for the welcome and suggestions. Have checked out the information package, has put some of my other issues in perspective.

Can you suggest best product/way to clean the carbs?

Andrew: was at Liverpool bike wreckers 2 weeks ago and no luck he has nothing for GS 750 so he tells me. FYI now run by the ex owners son, will give Tiaro a go.
            Yes it would be easy to just re chrome the Walker 4:1 but I will keep on trying.

Makenzie: can you send a photo of the parts? Posting is not that hard, from which country will you send them from?

Have found replica pipes the net which are Ok. But the shape is a little square on the bends. And mufflers are not the original shape.

Possible suit a Cruising model better. see pic

Like to know how Jim Scaysbrook got of hold them on the GS in Old Bike ?

For sure he has better contacts then me.....
            79 GS 750 E

Comment

united states

I can get better pics later today.

Comment

some more pic would be great.
                Last edited by gssteve; 03-21-2011, 08:25 AM. Reason: my GS750E
                79 GS 750 E

Comment

Originally posted by gssteve View Post
                  Basscliff: thanks for the welcome and suggestions. Have checked out the information package, has put some of my other issues in perspective.

Can you suggest best product/way to clean the carbs?

Andrew: was at Liverpool bike wreckers 2 weeks ago and no luck he has nothing for GS 750 so he tells me. FYI now run by the ex owners son, will give Tiaro a go.
                  Yes it would be easy to just re chrome the Walker 4:1 but I will keep on trying.

Makenzie: can you send a photo of the parts? Posting is not that hard, from which country will you send them from?

Have found replica pipes the net which are Ok. But the shape is a little square on the bends. And mufflers are not the original shape.

Possible suit a Cruising model better. see pic

Like to know how Jim Scaysbrook got of hold them on the GS in Old Bike ?

For sure he has better contacts then me.....
                  The best /productive way and only truely successful way to clean the carbs is a total tear down and soaking, with new gaskets , o-rings , as outlined in your info package that Basscliff has laid upon thee.
                  1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                  80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                  1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
                  83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                  85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                  1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                  “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                  If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
                  X