CR carbs rev to quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR carbs rev to quick

1983 GS1100 with CR carbs with pod air filters.
    She idles fine
    She sounds good
    She revs fine
    The throttle opens and closes no problem but when you rev it past 2500RPM she comes down on the RRRRRRRRs to slow before 2500 you can blip the throttle all day try and take above that and hold on.
    i know the slides are closing because i can see them close.
    HELP
    Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2011, 09:23 PM.

Dunno what RRRRRRRRRs are, but, perhaps not understanding everything you are saying, revs hang after bringing it above 2500 rom? If so, lean idle circuit or bad carb synch.

Comment

yes the RPMS hang up after 2500 RPM carbs

Comment

i ran into that with my gs1100gl 82 main jets are to small now not enough fuel, try 17.5 main jets or 115 see if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by StaticEccho View Post
          i ran into that with my gs1100gl 82 main jets are to small now not enough fuel, try 17.5 main jets or 115 see if that helps
          CR carbs run a different numbering system for jet sizes. You probably have 60-70 pilots. I tried lots of combinations with my 1085cc GS1000 engine. no changes. Runs like crap in the off-idle to lower midrange. Great on top.

I tried swapping needle clip positions, needles, needle jets, and pilot jets. Asked numerous folks and it seems to be a national security issue because no one is saying anything.

Comment

Hi,

CR carbs? Do you mean CV carbs? Stock, your bike should be equipped with Mikuni BS34SS carbs which are Constant Velocity carbs. I'm pretty clueless anyway, but I'm really clueless when it comes to CR carbs.

When did this behavior start? After you installed the pod filters? Have you jetted and tuned the carbs for the pod filters?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I have a set of Keihin CR's on my 82 Katana (as well as on a couple of other bikes). 9 times out of 10 a hanging idle can be corrected by adjusting the air screws.

Comment

Working...
              X