Gs850 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs850 1982

I have a 1982 GS850 fitted with 34mm carbs, I assume from a 1000.

I have tried to replace the engine to carb boots with standard 850 ones but the carbs will not fit.
    I have reinstalled the rubber boots fitted to the bike by the PO.

The carbs have been cleaned and new O rings installed.

Now the standard airbox will not fit even fitted with new rubber boots.

SO..........

I intend to fit POD's in place of the airbox. From this site I realise that I will need a stage 3 dynojet kit.

I have checked the reference numbers before ordering and the kits are different for 850's and 1000's

Question:- Should I get the 850 kit (reference 3306) or the kit for the 1000 (reference 3103)???????????

Any advice appreciated please.

OR........

Should I try to source 32mm carbs and stay with the standard airbox???

I would go back to the standard carbs and airbox. JMHO, of course. There are a lot of people here with things like that sitting around taking up space....

Comment

Find a set of stock carbs, it will be much easier to get running correctly.

Even if you get pods, then you will have to dial in the jetting for the different carbs. Sounds like a major headache just to get it to run correctly. I think all of the 550-850 used a variation of the 32 mm carbs, surely you can come up with a set for a reasonable sum of cash.

Comment

Hi Chris lad on ebay selling a set of carbs for 850 for £80. Can pm you details if you like.

Comment

Working...
        X