1166 rich spot *video*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1166 rich spot *video*

Here's a full throttle run of my 1166. I'm trying to zero in on the jetting. This video was taken last night with 140 main jets. I have since bumped it down to 135's and it's running much cleaner and harder everywhere in the rpm/throttle position range. (keep in mind it's 25 degrees F out and my brother is on the back filming (380lb rider weight total).

The thing in question is that if you watch this video below (with 140 mains), at about 5000rpm the bike gets really rich and then leans back out to a more normal level. I am at full throttle at 3500 rpm and the bike still does this. I have VM33 carbs so the slides are %100 open the entire time.

Is there a way to tune this rich spot out? If so what would you suggest?

After watching your video and your A/F meter, it gets LEAN at about 5-6,000 and then settles down as you let off.
    What pilot jets are you using? The stock 45's or have you tried the 47.5's yet?

Daniel

Comment

Lower the number the richer the jetting. 14.7:1 is 14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel. so 10:1 would be richer.

If you look at the lights on the outside of the meter they're green too and as the numbers get larger it goes to yellow as you can see a few times in the video. Red is on the far end of the spectrum.

Comment

Sorry, typing backwards. Apparently. LOL!
        Having a brain fart...

Try 132 mains then.
        Again, what size pilots?

Daniel

Comment

Haha no problem I was thinking about it backwards when I first got the gauge and was tripping myself up. I'll have to check on the pilot again and update.

Comment

I had another brain fart!
            You are running 33's. I am not sure of the pilot jet size on those.
            The stock 34CV's are 45's.

Daniel

Comment

You might read some of this to get some ideas. A data logger really helps and pulling on a long up hill with constant throttle settings. I did 1/4, 1/2. 3/4 and full out settings in 3rd or 4rd gear on a long up hill climb.

Comment

Still running stock ignition timing? Timing will affect an air/fuel gauge. Advance it 3% and retest with the 140 main.

Comment

Working...
                X