Fuel intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel intake

The port on the side where im guessing fuel goes into the carb from the bottom had a small piece fall off the top when i removed it from the other ones. Is this something i could just jb weld or do i need a new carb now? Its not broken on the inside just a small piece on the top outside.

Can you post a pic of the area and the part that fell off? Visuals work well.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Comment

Which carb ? Looks to be #2 fuel if so NO you would need a new carb body

Comment

its the one farthest to the right side of the bike, carb 4. Called the suzuki dealer, said its all gravity fed and jb-weld should hold just fine. They said as long as the inside bore is smooth ill be ok, anyone willing to back that up, always like 2 opinions.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-26-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

The carb is junk and will leak. JB weld won’t fix that.

Comment

I don't think it could be #4 with the butterfly linkage shown, looks more like #2. The bore would have to be precisely rebored, and JB would probably leak. It would be a lot easier to get a replacement body.

Comment

Working...
              X