Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have pods? What do you do with the breather hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have pods? What do you do with the breather hose?

For those that have gone to pods, what have you done with the breather hose coming off of the cam cover? Catch tank? Vented to atmosphere?

I imagine the only reason the breather is vented back into the aircleaner is do to pollution control, no?

Put a filter on it

When I switched to Pods I just connected a small filter (like a small pod) that would basically catch the oil and let the top end still breathe.

Comment

Its like pvc valve..and another function as has been stated in other threads is that the atomised oil it will pick up serves to lubricate the slides as the vapor is redrawn thru the engine for reburning..
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

$5 uni mini filter.

Comment

I used one of these on my 1100 when I installed PODs. They come in a few colors as well, but you can't see it anyway.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...ier=266500_0_0_
          '85 GS550L - SOLD
          '85 GS550E - SOLD
          '82 GS650GL - SOLD
          '81 GS750L - SOLD
          '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
          '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
          '82 GS1100G - SOLD
          '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

i like to run them into the carbs as they add a bit of upper lube to the top end.

I did originally have mine into a catch can though because i was being jazz, but one time when i was working on a mates speedway car he had an old fuel injector rail laying there which just happened to be almost perfectly spaced to my air filters.

I took it home and cut the nuts off it and added a v shaped tube which joins to the fuel rail between 1&2 then 3&4, and the nipple for the hose from the breather cover off that.

I made it like that so it spreads any oil evenly between the 4 cyls.

I also drilled the chrome ends of each pod and used a rubber grommet from a car PCV valve on each rod. It is very easy to fabricate or adapt something so it is connected and functional.
            Regards,
            Andy
            Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)
            Wiseco 850 kit, K&N pods, 4-1 transac, Custom 2 pak paint, IKON shocks, Custom L.E.D light boards (turn + stop/tail + dash)

Comment

Working...
            X