APE pod filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APE pod filters

i just finished my carbs on my wifes 78 gs1000. I have some cheap(emgo) pods for it already but after doing some research on them I dont want to use them. I have looked at the APE ones and would like to use them. On there web site it shows they fit 80 an latter GS1000 not the pre 80's model. Does anyone know if these will work for my 78 stock carbs?

Thanks Krank

nope...not unless you crank the clamps down really tight or shim the throat area with old air box rubber ect..
    the emgo's should be fine on your smaller mechanical carbs.
    i can't believe i just said that buttt...
    the emgo's are small and shaped wrong for the larger vacuum carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by kranker1450 View Post
      i just finished my carbs on my wifes 78 gs1000. I have some cheap(emgo) pods for it already but after doing some research on them I dont want to use them. I have looked at the APE ones and would like to use them. On there web site it shows they fit 80 an latter GS1000 not the pre 80's model. Does anyone know if these will work for my 78 stock carbs?

Thanks Krank
      Those won't, but if you look in the Kawi section on the APE site, they show a listing for some for the KZ1000 that will work.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Here's the link:

You want the 42mm ones
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Thanks Blowerbike, I just dont trust them know.

Thanks Renobruce, I really appreciate the info and the extra effort of the link.

Great Site...

Thanks krank

Comment

i'm the main person on this site that has a problem with emgo filters..
            only for the reason's i already stated.
            i would keep my money in my billfold but thats just me.

Comment

Working...
            X