Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock specs for Mikuni BS34SS

Hi Guys,

I have an 81 GS1100ES (Stock Motor) with pods and a mac 4-1 pipe. I am getting ready to go through the carbs and want to double check jet sizes etc. Anyone have the numbers (Jet Sizes etc.) for this setup ( Mikuni BS34SS )??

I want to double check the jet sizes and needle height etc. Seems to be rich on the top end and since the bike was set up by someone else a couple years back, I'd like to just re-check the work that was done. I remember the needles being a little out of round at the tips when I was tinkering last year.

Any help would be appreciated.

-joe ryan

I just located the stock Carb BS34SS specs on an old thread.

I am still looking for the proper specs for the 4-1 / pod setup. Is this considered stage 3? or Stage 1?

Thanks in advance.

joe

Comment

Originally posted by mrbridgeport View Post
      I just located the stock Carb BS34SS specs on an old thread.

I am still looking for the proper specs for the 4-1 / pod setup. Is this considered stage 3? or Stage 1?

Thanks in advance.

joe
      Joe,
      Pod and pipe is considered stage 3. Buy a Dynojet kit. It will have all three stages in it. And, futzing around with stock jets and especially the stock needle will only serve to frustrate you. Your problems cannot be fixed continuing to use the stock needle. The needle is too fat and it's taper to slow to feed the required amount of fuel that the bike will want with your current intake and exhaust configuration. Somewhere in the rev range it will have fueling problems and not run at top form. Install the kit, and you'll be amazed at what power you were missing out on.

Tck

Comment

Thanks Cafe Kid,

I'll find aStage 3 kit online and install.

Let me ask you a question. Do those needles wear over time and get out of round?

Comment

Let me ask you a question. Do those needles wear over time and get out of round?
          Hi,

Check this out: Fine Points Of CV Carb Internals

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks Cafe Kid,

I'll find aStage 3 kit online and install.

Can't say as I've ever noticed it. I've seen some of the needle jet/emulsion tube openings get out of round though. And that can screw things up a little.
            Keep in mind too, that with a DJ stage3 kit you're replacing the stock needles for the ones included. That's the single most important part of the kit.

Comment

Working...
            X