Job well done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job well done

I've just completed my first full carb rebuild on the 81 gs650g. I followed the instructions found on bass cliff's website, using new orings, all new ss bolts (gang plates, bowls and tops), and new float bowl gaskets. I also used the initial setup and sync instructions posted on bass cliff's site. After reinstall, the bike was running like a dream within half an hour. Thanks to all for posting the great wealth of knowledge I used to get the bike up to snuff. Please let me know if you have any questions as I just completed the process. You guys are great!

Gum

Sorry, no questions, we're the ones with all the answers.

Congrats on a job well-done.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi,

Wow! That's great to know. I'm glad your carb rebuild went well. It's good to see the information I've collected being used. I appreciate your feedback too. I've created only about half of the information on my little website. The rest comes from the experts here in the community. I'm just a pack rat.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Awesome!!
        Not much better than to hit the starter button and it fire right up and run like a top!!
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

went through mine two weeks ago just like you, minus ss bolts and yes my bike runs much better than ever before. thanks to all who contributed to the write up.

Comment

Working...
          X