gsxr750 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr750 carbs

i have a set of 36 mm 750 carbs i had a couple of people tell me that this will work on 1100. I was just wondering has anyone done this. And will this work

I just pulled the carbs off an 83 GS1100Gk and they are definitely 36mm. Mind you this is an 8V and not a 16V but I think the carbs are the same.
    I am sure someone with more experience will chime in soon.
    aaron

Comment

He is talking about BST36SS carbs that were off of the second generation GSXR 750's and GSXR 1100s. They are a CV Flatslide carb. On a GS1100E they supposedly give a 5 hp increase according to the butt Dyno.

I have 4 sets and plan to put them onto my GS1100ED at some point but it is currently down for servicing.

Do a search here or over at gixxer.com in the oiler section. They are also a popular upgrade for the 1st Generation bikes as well.

The main issue to watch for is work slides, if the slides are worn it wears the needles and emulsion tubes. I'm working on a solution but not completed yet. So if you plan to go this way, get the best set you can. Needles and emulsion tubes cost about $250 alone.

Comment

thanks for the info i will do a lot more research into

Comment

Working...
        X