No announcement yet.

New Owner needs Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I have been enjoying my ride for about a week now...thanks to everyone's help here....Thanks!

3 quick questions:

1st - When I get to a stoplight/stop sign, and put her in neutral or hold in the clutch, the rpms take a longtime to settle down to a normal idle...any thoughts why?

2nd - She doesn't like to drop into neutral, it takes me forever to find neutral. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

3rd - I need a turn signal relay...any recommendations of which one to get...I can't seem to find my exact model online, so I'm assuming that I have to buy an aftermarket comparable one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone is enjoying their bikes, I know I am enjoying mine.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

1. You might have a hanging idle somehow. I need to check mine out as I might have one too. Check the tuning screws on the sides of the intake boots, make sure you replaced the orings on those boots, and look everything over. Course it could also be nothing.

2. Adjust your clutch per the manual

3. Any turn signal relay from the local auto parts shop will work for you. Just find one that matches your current - if two then buy a two prong. However, some of the three prongs won't work if you have the self-cancelling signals.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
      X