Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid question (float height)

spec is 0.88 +/- 0.04

if the height is raised to .90 the sooner the fuel stops?

i had mine set to .88 and noticed fuel on the intake and on the airbox boots would raising the height to .90-.92 still in spec fix this problem?

the petcock is fine and no leaks
    Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 12:10 PM.

Hi,

Yes, raising the float height will lower the fuel level. But to actually fix the issue you may need to install new float valves and seats.

Before you spend any money, try adjusting the float height. Sometimes the float height does not correspond exactly with the fuel level because of mechanical variances. To be certain of the level you must use a clear tube attached to the float bowl drain plug.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

the float height is effected by the wear ring indented into the tip of the float needle. you may try to raise the height but other factors will not change.

the seal may never happen if it leaks at height(x) it will leak at height(y)
      the float weight will stay the same, the weight of the fuel trying ot get into the carb is the same, but....

the fuel level in the carb will change and you may have a lean cylinder on the highway.

fuel level in the bowl is a challenge if you have worn parts to try and tune. new parts is the correct answer for fuel sealing issues.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

well everything is back together and on the bike. ran it for a bit while i re adjusted the mix. had some syncing issues took the airbox off and took the carbs off to bench sync again and no fuel spotted on the airbox or intake

i raised the float height about .02

Comment

Working...
        X