No announcement yet.

Bike will not idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about the idle screw..... when the bike was started and warm and no choke I turned the knob back counter clockwise until it began to idle smoothly at a nice 1100 RPMs.

Comment

Where did you buy your intake manifolds

I found my boots are leaking. Can't find replacements. any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by MaMary650L View Post
        I found my boots are leaking. Can't find replacements. any suggestions?
        Hi,

Where have you been looking? What bike are you talking about? I would suspect a 650L, but what year? Put your bike's year and model in your signature file. Have you tried ordering parts from any of the online OEM vendors in your "mega-welcome"?

There's no need to hijack someone else's thread. This can lead to much confusion. There's plenty of room. Start your own thread next time.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2011, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Check your battery damoj19...

Originally posted by damoj19 View Post
          now im not 100% about anything but i was having a problem starting and stalling when my hand came off the throttle on my 1982 gs850g for the last week or so but I adjusted the idle adjustment screw/nut directly under the center of the carbs and it stopped stalling on me and it also started idling beautifully.

I also started the bike by jumping it (even though it has a new battery in it) and bike the bike turned a lot faster and started right up b.c it wouldnt on the battery alone. After riding it for about 30 mins or so(with no stalling either) i let the bike cool down and it started right up and the engine was cold. So idk if that helps or not, idk if you have an idle adjustment knob under your carbs or not but it couldnt hurt to take a look to see and turn it if its there. (I think turning to the left is lowering the idle but you should be able to tell by the sound of the engine...if its running)

It is very simple and quick but its easy to look over the simple stuff.
          If it starts better after jumping it and riding it even after cooling off, you likely have a weak battery that wont hold a charge. Check the voltage across your battery after riding for a half hour like you say compared to say sitting over night or a whole day. Probably lower. Better yet, follow the stator pages http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfault.htm and check voltages all over. Plan to do that with mine once carb rebuild and get it actually running again!

Comment

Working...
          X