'78 GS 750 petcock vacuum hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'78 GS 750 petcock vacuum hose

I have a 78 GS750,that is fitted with a Pingel petcock,that leaks.I want to change it to stock.I can't find where the vacuum line goes.I'm sure it got plugged,or removed when the petcock was changed,but where is it????Thank you!
    Garry

Hi,

The vacuum fitting is on the #3 carb.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thank you BassCliff.I'll look this evening.

Comment

Carbs are off the bike,and all I see are the overflow hoses.Anyone have a pic to share??????

Comment

By number three we mean the third carb from the left as youre sitting on the bike...just to thrm right and slightly above the fuel tee youll see the brass nipple, and yes it is probably capped because of the pingle
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

There are tubes in that area of number 2,3,and 4.I thought they were bowl vents.There is a connector tube between 1 and 2,another between 3 and 4.I don't mean the ones for fuel.Does that mean the nipples on 2 and 4 are bowl vents,ans 3 is the vacuum nipple?????I guess the best thing is to investigate where the passages go when I have them apart.Thank you for the help.

Comment

Vacum line is #3 carb..vent lines that route to no where but lay behind the airbox(on a stock bike) are #2 and #4...I'd post a pic but photobucket site is still down for me..hope this helped.

DDM

Comment

Working...
              X