1986 GS450L not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flaming Chainsaws
    yes, I'd like to sell them. Send me a PM to discuss the transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by gsmotofan View Post
      I found an airbox on ebay I should be receiving it in one week or so. Now can someone give me some tips on how to install it? my original aibox was mostly melted and shattered, I removed it in pieces and it was dificult to remove that way.
      Hi,

You will probably have to remove the carbs first, then slip the airbox in place. Push the airbox back as far as you can (sometimes taking the rear fender loose will give you a little extra room), while you put the carbs back on. After the carbs are attached you can finish putting the airbox in place and tightening up all the clamps and bolts.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by gsmotofan View Post
        Flaming Chainsaws
        yes, I'd like to sell them. Send me a PM to discuss the transaction.
        PM sent .

As for your airbox, it's a really tight squeeze! I did it to my 1980 GS450L. I don't know how much different the 1980 models are to the 1986 models but I'll explain how I did it.

First, I removed the entire electronics plate. Detach the clutch cable. Remove the carbs. Remove the carb boots. Take off the rear fender. Take off the gas tank and seat.

Slide the airbox in sideways from the shift lever side. Push it in. Then just turn it upright and push it in all the way.

This is the only picture I have.

Comment

I'm taking the carbs off this weekend the tank and seat are already off I will also remove the fender and the rest of the stuff needed to make room. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X