Fuel line size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel line size

Does anyone know the fuel line size for a 1983 GS750E, couldn't find it in the service manual and dealer had no idea.

Thanks

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Does anyone know the fuel line size for a 1983 GS750E, couldn't find it in the service manual and dealer had no idea.

Thanks
    The internal diameter is 6.5MM. The OEM hose is the only one I've ever used that didn't require a clamp to keep it from leaking. They come in 600mm lengths (almost 24 inches) so you'll get enough for several uses.

The order number is 09354-65113-600. I think you'll find that your local dealer "has no idea" about a lot of things.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Thanks
      Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
      The internal diameter is 6.5MM. The OEM hose is the only one I've ever used that didn't require a clamp to keep it from leaking. They come in 600mm lengths (almost 24 inches) so you'll get enough for several uses.

The order number is 09354-65113-600. I think you'll find that your local dealer "has no idea" about a lot of things.
      Actually, it's 7.0mm internal diameter and the part number is 09352-70103-00B

You can find it on the FUEL COCK fiche, but it's listed as HOSE, WATER DRAIN.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

That's weird, I wonder why it's called a "water drain"??

Comment

Same hose is used in multiple applications. Might be the drain for the airbox on another model.

I looked up the part number, that's what I ordered last year when I needed fuel line for another bike.

Like chuckycheese said, though, it's the proper size (even though he listed another size) and you don't really need to clamp it to the petcock or the carbs for a leak-free fitting.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks, I will order.

Comment

Hose

I've got a couple of extra sets of carbs and several OEM gas lines and I measured all of them. They were the same and all were 6.5mm or very slightly bigger (stretch factor). All were well under 7mm.
              The ring on the nipple of the petcock is 9mm so I feel sure either a 6.5mm or a 7mm would be OK. If I were going to order one I'd opt for the 6.5mm hose. It will fit slightly tighter....and it's cheaper.
              Last edited by chuckycheese; 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM.
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
              X