carb. sync.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb. sync.

Finally did a carb. sync. after rebuilding carbs, one size up on the main jets. valve adjustment, new airbox boots and clamps. Checked o-rings on carb. holders and they are fine (replaced 2 yrs. ago). Tried to do the highest idle method first, but not sure I have the ear for it.(all between 2 1/2 to 3) Did sync. at 2000 rpm. I have carbtune. Took quite a while to get all four the same (or at least within a few marks). But could only get them close to equal at about 16-28 hg. Is this ok, I haven't been able to ride it yet, so thought I get opinions first. Also I have Mac 4-2 (so no cross over) and standard airbox (sealed). terrylee

Ride that thing!!!!
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Great

If you're between 2 1/2 and 3, you'll almost, for sure, be fine. If you got fairly close with your Carbtune, you'll be fine, for certain....it doesn't have to be perfect and it rarely is. (I have one and have experimented a little.)

Have fun!
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

DID you block the petcock vacuum line ?? If you leave it open You will have all kinds of problems with the sync. And I would do it at about 3K RPM

Comment

Vacum line is blocked. Going to try to get everything back together tonight after work and see how she runs. terrylee.

Comment

Bet she sounds tight now when you blip the throttle.
            1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
            1983 GS 1100 G
            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Seems to run best it ever has, but won't know till I hit the road. Was going to work on it tonight(got to put tank and windshield back on, plus I charged the battery) but suppose to babysit my 2 month old granddaughter. And as much as I love my bike, I love her much more! terrylee

Comment

Working...
              X