Anyone fit a Kerker 4 to 1 on a GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fit a Kerker 4 to 1 on a GS750

I am making a track bike out of a 79 GS750. Going to be going to a 4 to 1/ pods / rejet etc.

Does anyone on the list know if the exhaust port centerline dimensions for the 79 GS750 is equivilent to the GSXR 750 (1985-87)

Hindle has some 4 to 1s for the first generation gsxr 750's, hoping they will be compatable?? they are in the closeout bin...299.00

Suggestions?

-joe
    Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

What is the pipe setup on that?

Looks like a Mac pipe?, looks like you have the same idea there! what is the rear suspension on that? Progressive?
      Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2011, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbridgeport View Post
        Looks like a Mac?
        They're easily confused, but no...it's kerker.

I think the port spacing is different between that gsxr and the your GS, but I can't remember where the variances are.

I know that my '79 8v and my '81 16v have the same port spacing, but my '93 Kat 750 is narrower....some of the more knowledgeable might be able to use that to glean an answer. If they are swappable, I would go Hindle...they're an excellent bunch to deal with.

Comment

Hummm, thanks for the info. I'd be happy with a Kerker or a Hindle. Maybe someone will chime in that knows. 299 is a great price for that hindle...

Comment

Those are the cheap eBay shocks...don't go that route unless you have a machine shop at your disposal. They required a lot of work to make perform right. When I take in my hours in the shop combined with the initial cost most sellers ask, I could have bought a set of used Ohlins.

Comment

Working...
            X