Carb Questioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Questioning

I recently picked up a set of 81 gs1100 carbs. I was told by the gentleman that they were jetted to where if u use a 4into1 pipe and stock airbox they will be fine.

My question is that will the 1100 carbs compat to the 81 1000 i have and????????????????????????????????

Only plug chops will tell you for sure.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

So I guess you no longer want the ones I have been saving for you for six months?
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'd be opening them up and seeing what jets are in there before I installed them
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I doubt theres any benefit from one set over the other jetted the same, they are both 34mm Cvs

Comment

Starters Tkent, they were a gift and ur hard as **** to get ahold of. lol. I really never sat and compared the jets so i dont know what ot look for in differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo1982 View Post
              Starters Tkent, they were a gift and ur hard as **** to get ahold of.
              Tried Email or a PM? Maybe another text message? How about an old fashioned phone call?
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Anywho, the gentleman these carbs came from owns a bike place here in Kansas, He told me that the carbs are jetted great as long as you use a 4 into 1 pipe, I took bowls off and tops off and everything is checking out ot look hella clean, everythings free and moves well.

I have never installed carbs from 1 model to another and i am wandering if all the cables and such will work, will they run well on the engine and etc..............

Comment

I believe basscliffs site has a chart that shows stock jetting on each model...that should get you a baseline for what they should be and how they compare then you can go from their as far as if they would work.

DDM

Comment

thanks detroit

Comment

i rebuild carbs mostly with gs bikes on ebay, i would say no they wont fit they will most likly be to small by 1 or 2mm from left to right. i dont have a set infront of me to tell but that is
                      staticecco
                      gs1100 carb clean rebuild service on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by StaticEccho View Post
                        i rebuild carbs mostly with gs bikes on ebay, i would say no they wont fit they will most likly be to small by 1 or 2mm from left to right. i dont have a set infront of me to tell but that is
                        staticecco
                        gs1100 carb clean rebuild service on ebay
                        I've taken VM33s off my GS1000 8V and installed them on a GS1100 16V and they bolted up perfectly; so spacing issues.

They should fit fine. Just need to make sure they are jetted corectly.

Comment

Working...
                        X