No announcement yet.

Is this a carb issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news on sorting that out. That is sure a bit of an odd ball one.With the siamesed carbs on 3/4 you would think both of those cylinders would go rich.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I mentioned the coil problem and apologies if you got sidetracked on that. Obviously, if it had been coil it would have affected both 2 and 3.

On the subject of possible igniter failure, you could well be in for that as it seems it is super common with these models. As you may have read, I am attempting to retro fit a box from another model. I too am sitting with a pooched one and replacements are damned hard to find. During the course of my research I was told by Boyer Bransden in England that these bikes especially suffer from over voltage in the charging system that "cooks" them. They advised me to check the charging system closely before putting in another igniter. You might want to look into that too.

I'm waiting for some replacement igniters to come in for testing and as soon as I can I will let everyone know as too many of these great rides are going down for want of spark.

Good luck with yours and enjoy.

Cheers,
    Spyug

Comment

Working...
    X