650G airbox removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

650G airbox removal

I searched but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. Trying to replace the intake boots on the old 650, and can't quite figure out how the airbox comes out. I got the filter box out, but the intermediate box between there and the carbs is shaped around the frame. I twisted, wiggled, pulled, and unbolted everything I could get to that looked in the way, and still no dice. Is there a trick?

I don't know the 650, but just a thought, will it come out the front if you pull the carbs off first?
    I have heard they are a PIA, I guess perseverence furthers.

Comment

On my 650g the airbox comes right off when you take off the carbs first. No need to remove the filter box either.

Comment

Ok, I didn't try that yet. Thanks guys!

Comment

I pulled the carbs first. It's a tight fit, but it will come out.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkokos View Post
            On my 650g the airbox comes right off when you take off the carbs first. No need to remove the filter box either.
            I haven't had to remove my carbs yet ( please keep this a secret), but it looks like you have to slide filter box back to gain wiggle room, so you can extract carbs from airbox and/or head.
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X