bigger carbs? 81 gs 450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bigger carbs? 81 gs 450

i have a 81 gs 450 with what i believe are stock mikuni 28mm carbs(does that sound rigt? with bad diaphragms . i have an extra set of 30mm could i switch them out?

I thought they were bs34's? I really don't know though.

As long as the spacing between them is the same and they have the same physical dimensions, can't hurt to try. Got pics of the new and old carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by mrameswmartin View Post
      i have a 81 gs 450 with what i believe are stock mikuni 28mm carbs(does that sound rigt? with bad diaphragms . i have an extra set of 30mm could i switch them out?
      Are you switching the carbs or the slides? If it slides and the look identical, I think they would work. I am not sure how much difference exist in slides from one carb to next. If it is carbs switching, I am sure it would be difficult to get tuning set up properly.

I would try to locate a set of stock carbs or just stock slides. Slide diaphragm can sometimes be repaired, but I would look for some decent used ones. One used to be able to get carbs for reasonable costs off of eBay, but it seems they have gone up considerably. Maybe post in parts wanted section.

Comment

the whole carb . slides do not match up .

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I'm a little confused. The stock carbs for the '81 GS450 are the Mikuni BS34SS carbs, a CV style carb.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X