Who rebuilds carbs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who rebuilds carbs???

Who here could I send my 1982 gs550 carb too to get rebuilt and jetted. Id like to trade a carb rebuild and polish for a Mikuni BDST Carburetor with part number 3uu h783.

I do carbs but i can't feed my kid a BDST carb so trading is out. Will do them for $260 labor up front plus parts with return shipping apon completion.
    We are a bike shop with the knowldge and tools to do the job right. See the link in my signiture.
    I'll need to know you setup and the problems your haveing with them.
    Polished caps, bowls and painted bodies are extra.
    PM me if you wish to.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2011, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Also have a look in GS Parts and Services.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Why not do it yourself?...read through basscliffs website..all the info you need to do it is their..also on the forumns are alot of people with the same or similar set up as you are running that can give you jetting tips for the pods and pipes...part of owning an older bike is working on them..this would be a great time to learn the bike instead of shipping off the carbs to someone who you really dont know if they know what their doing and dont know what set up you have..my advice is do them yourself..also put your location in your signature..maybe another member is close and would be willing to lend a hand with the job.

EDIT: In know way was my intention to steer any poss business away from qualified carb rebuilders or busnesses..just wanted to clarify that..thanks.

DDM
        Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2011, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Chef1366 does a good job if you can't face doing them yourself...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I had my VM carbs done by chef very recently and he does a great job, great rates and very quick turn around time. Highly recommended.

Comment

i sent a set to Chef because i didnt have time to do them myself at the time..It was a total abortion. Jets left plugged, filth and scale left inside the bowls..just a nasty unprofessional job. I wound up having to do them myself anyways. I DO NOT recommend Chef for a lawn mower carb.
              Last edited by chuck hahn; 04-23-2011, 10:25 PM.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Here we go again.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  Here we go again.
                  I heard network TV was canceling two daytime soap operas....This must be the replacement.
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

No, the soaps are only mindlessly dumb and boring. This is much worse.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Defore, where are you located first of all? Secondly, the others are right, it won't be too hard for you to follow the directions on Cliff's page and do them yourself. Save you the money of shipping and they will be synched to your bike when you are done.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        No, the soaps are only mindlessly dumb and boring.
                        This is much worse.

Daniel

Comment

(cowboyup3371) I live in Saint Augustine Florida. But to everyone else the reason Im trying to do a straight trade is because Im a broke a** college student. I also have the 1977ish style carbs for the gs. I just dont have the money to completely rebuild them myself.

Comment

Hi,

It's MUCH cheaper to rebuild them yourself rather than have someone else do it. All you need is a can of Berryman's carb dip (about $20) and an O-ring kit from Robert Barr ( http://cycleorings.com, about $20 or so ) and follow the well-documented procedure.

See this link:http://cycleorings.com/#BS_Series_O-ring_Kit

Wait, the "77-ish style carbs"? Do you mean VM carbs? Then see this link: http://cycleorings.com/VMkit.html

Of course you'll need a few tools. If you don't have them, hopefully you can borrow them.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

You don't need a full on rebuild Just as said A gallon container of Berrymens carb cleaner and an O ring kit and the intake to head O rings. Get them from www.cycleorings.com Only other thing you may need would be a float bowl gasket but they should be reusable if you are careful

Comment

Working...
                              X