Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ Area Carb Sync Help

Hey everyone,

So while on a ride this afternoon I noticed my 850G was a lot 'buzzier' than it had been last season. I particularly noticed this on the passenger pegs.

I'm reasonably sure it's because my carbs have not been synched in at least 7000 miles. Basically the entire time I've owned the bike. The reason for this is I do not have the sync tool, and being a college student a hundred bucks is a lot to shell out for anything.

I was wondering if anyone in the NJ, NY, Delaware, or Philly area would be willing to let me ride over and help sync my carbs at some point in the upcoming future. I'd be more than happy to supply the host with pizza or beer or whatever the case may be.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

hey i think im gonna be wrenching with my friend this saturday in brooklyn on his bike i have the 4 gauge tool and adapters if you want to drop by and use it let me know. or actually i got to make sure if its saturday or sunday.

Comment

Dodik,

This Saturday is no good for me, as I have to prepare my final presentation for my Architecture Design class . But thanks a lot for the offer. I may have a deal worked out with someone in Northern Jersey next Friday.

Thanks for the offer though. It's good on you.

Comment

well if it falls through let me know im always around

Comment

Will do thanks man!

Comment

Im in central NJ, 08876

Im off Friday,Sat, Sun

Im probably going to be wrenching on bikes for the next couple months anyways.

Let me know if you can't find anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
              Hey everyone,

So while on a ride this afternoon I noticed my 850G was a lot 'buzzier' than it had been last season. I particularly noticed this on the passenger pegs.

I'm reasonably sure it's because my carbs have not been synched in at least 7000 miles. ....
              Tim,

.... and what about valve clearance adjustment.....?

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
              Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Redman,

Valves were last adjusted in the fall around October. Less than 1000 miles ago on the bike. The clearances should be fine still.

To everyone that offered help thanks. I am meeting up with a north jersey GSer next Friday to check it out. Would've like to get it done sooner but school work is in the way

Comment

Working...
                X