yamalube carb dip in uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yamalube carb dip in uk

does anyone know of a stockist over here, i,ve tried a google search for local suppliers but have come up with nothing, thanks

Too toxic for the EU (like anything decent).

Alternatives are to boil your carbs in a saucepan with a single drop of fairy liquid (2 drops and it'll froth all over the hob) - wait till the missus is out and don't ever use th saucepan for cooking again (unless you like the taste of petrol).

Cellulose paint thinners is a good standby as well (remove all rubber parts as they'll swell up).
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Hammyhog, I was wondering what the chemical is , as my job is Cornwall chemical sales rep for dairy and agruculture, my suppliers may have a chemical i can use, i have access to alkalines, acid, caustic, phosphuros, etc etc , any ideas ??? heard about lemon juice boiled in water too !!!

Comment

i use mistral concentrated carb cleaner in my ultra sonic cleaning tank. works wonders
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Strong solvents are the best bet - you're trying to dissolve old fuel varnish / wax. The best stuff I ever had was a thinner used to thin ink in the newspaper printing business (I got a couple of gallons for free). No idea what its chemical name was but it would knock your head off if you breathed it in.

Acids and alkalis are a bad idea for carb cleaning. At best they'll tarnish the pot metal and at worst they'll start dissolving things. I've never tried boiling in lemon juice but some guys reckon that it turned their carbs black.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            i use mistral concentrated carb cleaner in my ultra sonic cleaning tank. works wonders
            I,m seriously thinking of getting an ultrsonic tank very soon, i already do small mirror polishing jobs, so a cleaner would be a beneficial addition, cheers jon

Comment

Originally posted by janner View Post
              I,m seriously thinking of getting an ultrsonic tank very soon, i already do small mirror polishing jobs, so a cleaner would be a beneficial addition, cheers jon
              they are brilliant, you can buy proper carb cleaner, rust remover and general crud remover all in concentrates. carbs, engine covers etc come up like brand new and almost surgically clean
              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                they are brilliant, you can buy proper carb cleaner, rust remover and general crud remover all in concentrates. carbs, engine covers etc come up like brand new and almost surgically clean
                That great, when do you have to change the fluid, what i mean is just say how many carbs till the fluid is ineffective and needs changing ? and where do you get your concentrates from

Comment

Originally posted by janner View Post
                  That great, when do you have to change the fluid, what i mean is just say how many carbs till the fluid is ineffective and needs changing ? and where do you get your concentrates from
                  buy it in 1 litre bottles. dilutes 1:10 solution/water. 1 bath will do 4 carbs, 1 at a time. concentrates are readilly available on ebay
                  1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                  X