No announcement yet.

Vacuum prob? Only runs on prime..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.. I really couldnt find any pictures of the throttle routing, but I did find some from searching the site and from what I can tell I have them routed correctly.

It seems as if when I twist the grip when the bike is off, it returns normally. But when the bike is running, it seems to stick and stay until I return it manually?

Im lost? Did I tighten them wrong to the carbs?

Comment

Have you oiled the cable yet? Take the twist grip apart and oil it formt eh top down. If you pull the cable in an out while dripping the oil it will go faster. Use a light oil. You may want to use some wd40 first as it will run through quite quickly. Use sparingly of course. I have never had a problem doing this and never bought one of those natty cable lubers.

Got any pics of this?

Comment

The pictures your linking to shows a shaft drive. If your bike is chain drive, it doesn't use gear oil (and it most likely is, because i have never heard off a shaft driven 750). The smoke you are reffering too, is probably some oil on cases being burn off as the engine gets warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjeldsen01 View Post
          The pictures your linking to shows a shaft drive. If your bike is chain drive, it doesn't use gear oil (and it most likely is, because i have never heard off a shaft driven 750). The smoke you are reffering too, is probably some oil on cases being burn off as the engine gets warm.
          Thats kinda what I thought thanks!

I made a quick video, hopefully showing how my throttle cables are run. Could someone verify that I have these ran correctly? Im having sticky throttle problems, only when the bike is running. It springs back normally when its off. Sorry, cell phone vid.

Comment

Give me a few minutes and I will go out and make a short video of the cable routing on a '79 750.

Daniel

Comment

You CLEARLY have them routed WAY wrong!
              They are supposed to go behind the gauges, under the top triple tree, around the steering neck and next to the fuel tank.

Daniel

Comment

Thanks for the vid! PM sent to ya

Comment

When you say the throttle sticks, do you mean just the handle? Or do you mean it's actually giving the bike gas?

If its just the handle, you may need to adjust where you cable hooks up to the carbs. Mine had a lot of slack when I got it and it wouldn't turn all the way back on its own, but once I tightened up the carb connection it was fine. I left just enough play so I wouldn't have to worry about the gas sticking, about a 1/4" twist.

If it actually gets stuck where its still giving the bike gas, unhook the cable and see if it moves freely. If it does, the problem is with the carbs and the gas lever or whatever it is the throttle cable hooks to. If the cable doesn't move freely, take it off the bike and stretch it out straight. If it moves freely, it's your routing, if it doesn't then you have cable issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X