gs 450 exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 450 exhaust question

I have heard i can drill holes in the baffle to make the exhaust louder, is this info correct and does anyone have a sound bit of a drilled exhaust if it is.

Why would you want to make it louder? The stock pipes on here are plenty loud enough and don't need to be any worse.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Mine are very quiet. i just want a little more, not a whole lot, someone sent me a link to youtube and i found a vid of one. may try it.

Comment

Here's my 1980 Suzuki GS450L's stock exhaust. MY EXHAUST IS NOT DRILLED! Pretty loud. Just doesn't sound very cool .

Here is my 1980 Suzuki GS450L.Do you like how my exhaust sounds? I don't. It just doesn't sound mean enough. It is not cool when you see an awesome bike roll...

Here is my 1980 Suzuki GS450L. Just thought I'd make a video of the bike in action. Pretty fast and the bike has a nice sound!Leave a comment please! And sub...

There's more exhaust videos on my channel. Feel free to check them out.

Comment

I''ll post mine up tomorrow to see what u guys think. its 8:30 now. I'll post it around 7-7:30 tomorrow evening (Before i attempt to drill).

Comment

Originally posted by TNGSRIDER View Post
            I''ll post mine up tomorrow to see what u guys think. its 8:30 now. I'll post it around 7-7:30 tomorrow evening (Before i attempt to drill).
            Looking forward to it. What year is your bike?

Comment

Just buy an aftermarket pipe. Plenty on here would like to have your stockers

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. TNGSRIDER,

The 450 doesn't need to be loud. You won't be fooling anybody.

But then again, I'm an old fuddy duddy. I like bikes that sound healthy, but not loud. Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                  Looking forward to it. What year is your bike?

It's a 82 450L

Comment

Ok my wife is home with a migraine so it might be tomorrow before i post the vid.

Comment

ok got a 20 sec vid, up, this is before any work

Comment

Working...
                      X