Idle high after re jet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle high after re jet?

I have an 81 GS750L, KN pods, dyno jet stage 3, each 2 into 1 exhaust no muffler or baffles. I had this at the end of another post but wanted to start a new post as it is a new problem. I have a high idle that can't be adjusted any lower with the screw. I read many posts regarding high idle and I know it is not related to tension on throttle cable as it is on a loose setting. I know I need to sync the carbs but how do I make it idle lower or will it? When I tune the carbs can that bring the idle down?

If you have one carb where the sync screw is way out it will idle high.
    I'd check to see if there is a clamp screw in the way of the throttle linkage.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Check your carb synch.

Comment

I have a friend coming Monday to help me sync carbs. Still have cold header on 3rd pipe!! Going to test compression on monday as well. This thing will run, might be next month but someday this thing will work!!! I just pulled the plug for the 3rd pipe and it was soaking wet with gas. I'm not sure what that means maybe too rich and now allowing combustion? I will try to adjust carbs.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2011, 08:08 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

Working...
        X