where do i find pod filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do i find pod filters?

For a 83 gs550esd? Im very confused i keep seeing and hearing about people having pod filters on their dual carb GS but i've looked around and can only find the pods that fit onto the 4 singles... Nothing for the dual carb ones... Anyone have a link?
    Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2011, 02:30 AM.

unless you find used or NOS....
    they are not made anymore.

Comment

hmm, does anyone know if there is a universal filter that will fit?

Comment

Did a bit of Googling and found these.

Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters & cabin filters. KNFilters.com - the official site for performance filtration products.

I would double check them to make sure they are correct for your bike as I'm not too familiar with the newer GS models. (Newer being relative, I'm more knowledgeable about the 77-79 750 and 1000)

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Boy View Post
          Did a bit of Googling and found these.

Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters & cabin filters. KNFilters.com - the official site for performance filtration products.

I would double check them to make sure they are correct for your bike as I'm not too familiar with the newer GS models. (Newer being relative, I'm more knowledgeable about the 77-79 750 and 1000)
          Those are the standard air filters for an air box. I currently have a k&n air filter in but im searching for pods. Im considering maybe trying to buy an oval shaped air cleaner and morph it to what i need.

Comment

Search for APE on Google. It's where we got pods for the ES.

Here we go: linky linky
            Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I think you need one of the dual flange setups. I'm sorry I don't remember the measurements or part number you need. But here's the links.

Dual Flange Straight Oval

Dual Flange Tapered Oval

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Oh my lord. Lots of measurements... Thanks for that bass i'll try my best to figure out what the heck to measure (im still a bit of a novice)

Kinnet- Which air filters are you talking about? All the ones on that site appear to be for the single carbs. Not the dual oval shaped ones... Mine are about 92-95mm in width, the oval part.. and about 34mm high...

Comment

Hmmn, it was a while ago... Maybe I'm not very helpful after all.
                  Have you tried calling them? I called them when I placed the order for Essie's pods.

Comment

After looking at the k&n air filters none of those will fit my bike. The air side of my carbs is a solid piece..

Maybe someone can help me figure out which filter? Or am i missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                      unless you find used or NOS....
                      they are not made anymore.
                      as i said....LOL

Comment

Off topic: thanks for the links! Sorry to hear about your problem though.

Comment

Working...
                        X