83 GS1100SD 34mm CV diaphragm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS1100SD 34mm CV diaphragm question

If you lift the slide by hand and hold your finger over the half moon slot at the front of the carbs {air filter side} should the slide stay up or bleed down slowly. I have 1 that stays up & 3 that come down slowly. I think I know the answer but could someone confirm it & ruin my day ?

Blow into those same ports and the slides will rise.
    Check the slide for deposits of dirt or old fuel. If this doesn't fix it check and make sure the slide spring is installed properly. If that's ok take out the diaphram and look through it into a bright light and see if it has cracks or pinholes.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I just got down going thru them with different mains & pilots, and an o-ring kit. {removing pods & going back to stock }The diaphragms appear good. They are correctly installed also. Ill pull them and check again. Are you saying they should all stay up with the hole covered ? They drop very slowly now except for #2 that doesnt drop at all.

Comment

If they go up when you blow in the port and all fall then you're fine.
        Make sure the tab on the diaphrams are in the notch.
        Make sure the spring is in the cap correctly.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thank you for your help !

Comment

Working...
          X