guidance please on carb rebuild/choke bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guidance please on carb rebuild/choke bracket

Right, putting the choke rod in now but am confused which carb the bracket bolts to, as it will go on any within reason, also on the carb pictorial it shows a return spring that the rod goes through, i dont have that ! is this correct for the gs650gt ? will it return without it or is it best to source one ?, thanks

thanks for the responses, all sorted now !!

Comment

Ok
      What year?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        Ok
        What year?
        His sig say 650GT, so I would presume it's an '80.

He also specifically said it's for a 650GT.

I didn't think they had a 650 in '80, but that's OK.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Janner,
          Please remember that not every one who may know something will see the question and be able to respond within 39 minutes. You have to give folks some time to even see it and then craft the response.

Either way I assume you have it figured out but typically the choke mount gets attached to the number 2 carb (at least on mine it did).

Best thing to do next time is to take pictures of your work before taking anything apart so you can reference them later. After not doing that myself on more than one occasion I'm making more of an effort to do it now.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            His sig say 650GT, so I would presume it's an '80.

He also specifically said it's for a 650GT.

I didn't think they had a 650 in '80, but that's OK.

It was a token response.
            I was a middle child.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              Janner,
              Please remember that not every one who may know something will see the question and be able to respond within 39 minutes. You have to give folks some time to even see it and then craft the response.

Either way I assume you have it figured out but typically the choke mount gets attached to the number 2 carb (at least on mine it did).

Best thing to do next time is to take pictures of your work before taking anything apart so you can reference them later. After not doing that myself on more than one occasion I'm making more of an effort to do it now.

yeh , sorry for the impatience , you know what its like !! anyway, figured it all out easy enough when i went back and scratched my head, carbs all done now , just doing the tensioner then put it all back together, summer will be gone before i get chance to ride the goddam thing soon.

Comment

What do you expect, you do live in Cornwall. haha

Just for reference there were two different choke mechanisms on the GS650 carbs setups, so the year model is very important when asking questions of this type.

Comment

Hiya Don, I,ll add the year to my sig then it,ll be easier in future, and yeh , its blowing in Cornwall at the moment !!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X