No announcement yet.

Gs1000 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have tried the coke one before it didnt work,would hate to think wot a lemmon would do
    well for the viniger best with fishin chips.
    thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
      Hi,

To continue the process of elimination;

Are you getting good spark in all four cylinders? Installing new plug caps can help ensure a healthy spark. Which cylinder is not firing?

Let me make sure I'm all caught up.

1. You've tested for good compression on all four.

2. Ensure you are getting good spark on all four. If so...

3. It must be fuel related. Everything starts with clean carbs. Usually you just have to completely disassemble them, then dip the carb bodies and all the metal bit in parts cleaner for up to 24 hours. Then squirt a little carb cleaner through all the passages followed by compressed air. This will ensure all of the internal carb passages are clear.

I've even heard of the main jets vibrating out and sitting in the bottom of the float bowl. The carb doesn't work too well when that happens. You just don't know until you've taken them all apart for a good cleaning and inspection. Have you replaced all the rubber O-rings and pilot jet plugs in your carbs? The original 30 year old rubber will decompose after time.

Yes, a sonic cleaner is a good idea. Make sure all of the screws, jets, needles, and other miscellaneous bits are removed from the carbs.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      new Dyna leads did comp test all 4 are a good 170psi new ignition boyer digital one fresh petrol drained tank.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi,

Ha! I had to look that up to see if you were serious. I learned that Fairy Liquid is a brand of liquid dish soap there in the UK.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        'Keeps hands that do dishes just as soft as your face....mild green Fairy Liquid'. Cue 4-year-old blonde cutie cuddling 25-year-old blonde mother.

Yuk, that was the ad from the '60s. I wouldn't want my hands to go like my face but it's good for cleaning bits of motorbike.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
          'Keeps hands that do dishes just as soft as your face....mild green Fairy Liquid'. Cue 4-year-old blonde cutie cuddling 25-year-old blonde mother.

Yuk, that was the ad from the '60s. I wouldn't want my hands to go like my face but it's good for cleaning bits of motorbike.
          suppose allways strip them down put them in the Dish washer!.

Comment

Working...
          X