No announcement yet.

mechanics book time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really should do this for yourself, it's not that difficult. If for some reason you absolutely don't have the facilities to do it I'd be happy to. You would have to ship them to Texas so that might be a slight problem and pay for shipping back to you, but I would do it for you. You will also need to get a set of o-rings from Robert Barr who is a member here. Your carbs are the same as my stockers were, not a big deal. For what a shop will charge you could probably pick up a set of used RS flatslides.

Comment

Take cell phone pictures of everything so you can see how it goes back together, buy an O-ring kit & carb cleaner & give it a go. Use the correct size screw drivers so you dont ruin the idle mixture screws & pilot jets. Figure on some new rubber manifolds & air box rubbers too. Those can get expensive. Theres nothing cheap about an old bike but you can not afford to have a dealer do the work. They dont want to and most dont know any more then you do about 1978 carbs. Theres a section on this forum that will walk you right thru the job & plenty of people to help you out. The dealers intenionally try to blow you out the door with the high price so they dont have to do them

Comment

Working...
      X