GSX1100e 1980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX1100e 1980

Just rebuilt my BS34SS carbs.i could not get one of the idle mixture screws out without a lot of sweat and damage to it.
    Having great difficulty in finding a replacement.The pictures of ones I have seen all appear different from the ones in the carbs.
    First the mixture screws had no tamper covers.I am the second owner and the original owner said thats how it came new.
    The ones in the bike at 3.5 turns out sit proud at the top,so a cap would not fit anyway.
    The originals appear longer than the replacements I have seen.
    Does anyone know if there are two types of mixture screw and if so are they interchangable?.Any part numbers would also be great.

I know for sure the canadian carbs were not capped and the mixture screw was not deep in the hole. Do you need another carb body or a mixture screw?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      I know for sure the canadian carbs were not capped and the mixture screw was not deep in the hole. Do you need another carb body or a mixture screw?
      I need a mixture screw at this stage.I am going to try and retap the thread in the body .If that is unsuccessful,then i will need a carb body as well.

Comment

Be sure to tell us which carb it is you need if you end up needing one. I think I have extra mixture screws , I doubt youll have much luck tapping the hole out

Comment

Working...
        X