Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VM (79 850) Carb/Intake boots, carb parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VM (79 850) Carb/Intake boots, carb parts.

I promise I used the search function, and I promise I tried that there "google" thingy.

I purchased my 850 without the carb/intake boots or manifolds if you will; the parts that connect the carbs to the head! I haven't been able to find anywhere to purchase them online aside from ebay, and even then I'm not sure if they're the right size. Being that the cheapest set I found was $60, I'd rather not hope for the best and hopefully someone can point out the difference (if there is one) so I can get the right parts.

Along with that, my #3 carb is missing the float, pin, and float needle. I plan on buying the whole o-ring kit, bowl gaskets, and top cover gaskets since the ones on there are fully brittle and dried up; however I'm kind of stuck if I can't find the missing parts (again, found lots of floats on ebay, but I don't know if they're interchangeable with my carbs.

Needless to say... HELP PLEASE!

New intake boots are not cheap around $100-120. Check with Z1enterprises.com. they should be able to get the boots and float needles Someone here should have a float & pin for you

Comment

Ebay is not the place to look for the boots

Try Z1, or any of the online vendors found in your megawelcome

Keep an eye out in the Parts for sale section for your carb parts, or Sudco

Chef 1366 may have the carb parts, give him a PM
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I third Z1 is the way to go http://www.z1enterprises.com/default.aspx

if he dosent have it on the site email'em he most likely can get it for you cheaper than your local suzuki dealer.

and lastly used rubber parts wont last, maybe cracked and worthless..

that and welcome to GSR. Be sure to read your Mega welcome!

Comment

Z1 doesn't have them listed for my bike that I found. I found a fiche on alpha sports and found what I hope is the right part number for it.

13110-45010
          which is replaced by:
          13110-49000

I was under the impression that they had a RH and LH specific boot, but that's the only number I could find.

It seems like parts for the 79 are a little harder to track down than the 80 and newer... The game is afoot!

The set on ebay are supposedly NOS, I'm waiting to get a pn or measurements from the seller before I make any move.

Edit: Found a cross reference of all bikes that use that particular float and those particular boots. Much easier to hunt down now.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

If you google "suzuki motorcycle parts" you will get tons of options.

Part Shark is the cheapest I've come across for OE parts. Z1 is for aftermarket parts, although they will order OE parts as well if you call (or so I've been told).

I suggest purchasing new carb boots, but check the For Sale forum here, or post an ad in Parts Wanted, for things like that float and misc. parts.

Good luck
            Last edited by Nessism; 05-17-2011, 08:54 PM.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Remember too that Z1 doesn't list everything on their website. However, if you call they can get just about everything.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Those carb boots commonly require replacement, as with age they can develop leaks. Unfortunately, they are expensive.

It appears to me that unlike '80 and later 850's, the boots are not left and right. It also may well be that the same boots are used on other pre-CV carb bikes like the 750 or 1000.

For the other carb parts, you might post in the parts wanted section here. It would be worth your time to confirm what other years use the same floats, float pin, and bowl.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                X