*need help jettin*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cody3935 View Post
    its not those exact carbs i just put that picture up to show you guys that mine are the 4 singles not the 2 Siamese ones
    We know your bike doesn't have the Siamese carbs. And we also know the GS550M (the 550 Katana doesn't either). If you have got the correct carbs fitted to your bike (the same ones that it was wearing when it left the factory) then we know tha they are the same carbs as fitted to the Kat. The Dynojet 3314 listed for the GS550M (which, I repeat, does not, has never done nor never will, have Siamese carbs) kit will fit straight in.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

hampshirehog thank you for clearing that **** up for me sorry im a little less knowledgeable as the rest of you guys but thanks for the help

Comment

ok so i tried the whole spacer thing and it didnt help any i put probably 1-1.5mm of spacers under the E-clip on my needles. its not mych but i thought it would be a good start. same story itll run to about 8k and cut out i have no idea what else to try now, pilot jets? and i pull my plugs and cylinders 1,2,3 are running super lean the plugs look brand freaking new and cylinder 4 is running rich. plus idk if it helps but my left muffler gets about twice as hot as the right one. as much as i hate to do it im about to just take it to a shop and let them worry about it unless i start getting on the right track here

Comment

what kind of idea would it be to go ahead and put the needles out of a 750 in there since they are made to deliver more fuel would that work?

Comment

nevermind i put socks on my airfilters and IT RUNS LIKE A BEAST NOW. its cheap but when it runs who gives a **** right?

Comment

Originally posted by cody3935 View Post
              ok so i tried the whole spacer thing and it didnt help any i put probably 1-1.5mm of spacers under the E-clip on my needles. its not mych but i thought it would be a good start. same story itll run to about 8k and cut out i have no idea what else to try now, pilot jets?
              Not sure why you are putting spacers under your e-clips. All that does is add preload to the spring that pushes the needle UP.

If you want to raise the needle, you have to replace the thick nylon spacer above the e-clip with a stack of thinner washers.
              The spring below the e-clip pushes the needle up, the spacer above the e-clip determines how far.

Now, to address other issues, if you can't rev past 8k, changing your pilot jets won't do a thing.

The pilot circuit is what feeds your idle and very small throttle openings.
              The needle circuit is what feeds from about 1/4 to almost 3/4 throttle.
              The main circuit starts coming in about 1/2 throttle and goes to WFO.

The different circuits are not about engine speed, they are about throttle position.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
              X