GS550e Tuning Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550e Tuning Questions

Bikes been running great the past couple weeks, however, been noticing an issue i want to address that i just discovered today while riding. Upon pulling up to a , stop light (or any stop) if i put the bike in neutral or hold in the clutch in first it will idle great. But ocassionally, it will start to rev up on me (to about 5k) with no touch of the throttle. It doesn't do it every time, but i'd say 40% of the stops it will just rev up for no reason. Any ideas?

Originally posted by c0okiez View Post
    Bikes been running great the past couple weeks, however, been noticing an issue i want to address that i just discovered today while riding. Upon pulling up to a , stop light (or any stop) if i put the bike in neutral or hold in the clutch in first it will idle great. But ocassionally, it will start to rev up on me (to about 5k) with no touch of the throttle. It doesn't do it every time, but i'd say 40% of the stops it will just rev up for no reason. Any ideas?

Did you clean your carbs and do the o-ring replacement as well as the carb boot o-ring replacement?
    Check your throttle cable for free operation.

Comment

Sounds like an air leak, do a search, plenty of stuff on the forum on this.

Comment

thanks, i was thinking vac leak, but i wasn't 100% sure. Time to hunt that lil guy down.

Comment

Working...
        X