Strange Carb Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Carb Problem

Hi, I bought an 81 GS1000G last year, rode it a few times on short trips and wasn't happy with the performance. This bike had sat for 3-years according to the previous owner. I replaced the carbs' components with those from a rebuild kit. But I noticed the second cylinder's headpipe was not hot like the rest and I had to raise the RPM a bit to keep the idle alive. That headpipe was far from hot because I could touch it without getting burned. I took the carbs out and cleaned the second carb. After a start and letting it idle a bit, the second cylinder headpipe became hot but the problem did not go away because another headpipe became "cold." I forgot which. All 4 sparks plugs were good. I was very busy with my work and my family last year so I didn't continue tacking this strange problem. I searched for the same or similar subject in this forum but found none. You guys (and gals) are very knowledgible and I don't want to make a fool of myself. I want to put the bike on the road this year and begin to restore it later. I need help. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X