Intake boots for 82 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake boots for 82 gs750

Does anyone know where to buy the rubber boots that connect the carbs to the engine block for a 1982 gs750E? I recently discovered that all four are cracked and in poor condition. Apparently I can order them from my local bike service shop, but they would cost something like $80 total. Is there an equivalent replacement part that fits? Any good sites to order these from?

Thanks for any advice.

80 bucks is a pretty good deal for all 4, I paid about $120 for all 4 of mine which are now sitting in a bag.

Z1 Enterprises or BikeBandit have them at a good rate as well.

Comment

Greeetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. raptor,

Partshark.com has those boots for $15.23 each, but you'd have to pay shipping. Part numbers 13111-45400 for the Right Intake Pipe and 13111-45400 (replaces 13121-45400) for the Left Intake Pipe. You need two of each.

Hmmm, I guess with the superseded part number they are both the same now.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi Mr. raptor,

Partshark.com has those boots for $15.23 each, but you'd have to pay shipping. Part numbers 13111-45400 for the Right Intake Pipe and 13111-45400 (replaces 13121-45400) for the Left Intake Pipe. You need two of each.

Hmmm, I guess with the superseded part number they are both the same now. ...
        I am wondering if that can be correct (one part number for both left and right). Even if all the other dimensions were the same, which I think is not, but even if it were, the vacuum tap/port/screw would be in wrong place.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The vac port is actually on the engine not on the boots.

WHen I first got mine I looked for them on the boots and couldn't find them. THen I went outside to look at the bike. And there they were. I had read so much on here about how they were on the boots and knew for sure that they should be on there. I thought the PO had done some rigging to get it to run. But alas I was wrong.

Comment

The vacuum tap in that engine is in the head not the intake boot. It does beg the question what was different between the left and right originally.

Comment

This is just a guess but I think if you put two on right side up {lettering to the top} & two on upside down I believe they would work. Yould have to try it to see of course.

Comment

Originally posted by kelticsol View Post
                The vac port is actually on the engine not on the boots.
                Ah, my expereince has been with 850G and 1100G.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I guess I'm still a little confused about how the right and left can be the same, I took off the existing ones and they seem to be angled differently. Can anyone confirm if its possible to just use all the same ones? Or if there's somewhere to order the original right and left boots?

And yeah there's no vac port to worry about, but the dimensions do seem different (otherwise why would they even bother making a right and left version?).

Comment

The angles look different. But if you flip either side upside down they're pretty much identical other than the writing on them.

I'm not sure why they made a Right and Left one to begin with.

Edit: ANd yeah they are expensive for some little pieces of rubber. But worth it for the peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X