Carb replacement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb replacement question

I'd like to replace the whole rack on my 82 GS 550M.
    I found these on ebay that are from an 82 GS 650L.
    The part numbers don't match up, but I thought there might be a chance they'll fit.
    Does anyone know if I should give them a try?
    They're 60 miles away and so far no bids, so the auction is attractive.

For $30 it's worth buying them regardless, if they don't fit you would have no problem reselling them, and if they do fit you'll get a hell of a deal.

Here's a pretty good list of bikes and thier carb models, courtesy of Basscliff's website.

Comment

Originally posted by Do Little View Post
      For $30 it's worth buying them regardless, if they don't fit you would have no problem reselling them, and if they do fit you'll get a hell of a deal.

Here's a pretty good list of bikes and thier carb models, courtesy of Basscliff's website.
      I agree , they look decent. If you have any measurement questions, PM me as I have a spare rack of 650 carbs in my basement in Sebago.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Hi,

Both bikes use the BS32SS carbs. The important variable will be the spacing of the carbs in the carb rack itself. Even if the spacing isn't right for #2 and #3, you should still be able to take off #1 and #4 and use them on your existing rack of carbs. I don't know if that will do you any good, but it's an option.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X