1983 gs650 Carb boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 gs650 Carb boots

I have a 1983 Gs650. I just bought it a couple off weeks ago. they guy said it was a Gs650L. not sure. but i know the motor says GS650G-145121. Anyways my questions is I need carb / intake boots for it they are all cracked up and someone you can tell has tried to jbweld them in the past. I would some on Z1enterprises.com http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=4410 but they say for 80-82. And I was wondering if they would working on a 83. I can't seem to find them for a 83 anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first bike. I have seachered the forums and came up with nothing yet. I am sure its there somewhere but i have yet to find it. thanks.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. cjarratt,

Compare those part numbers with an online vendor's parts fiche to doube-check the applicability.

The "L" models typically have chrome fenders front and rear, the stock handlebars were the "buckhorn" style high bars, and they have leading axle forks, just to name a few differences. Check the online Suzuki OEM dealers as most parts like that are still available new. Partshark.com, cyclepartsnation.com, gssuzuki.com are a few vendors with better prices. Z1Enterprises.com is a great place to shop. If they don't have it on their website, just give them a call.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks alot found they part I was looking for. Hopefully I can get this bike running again. But I am sure I will Be posting about something else soon. thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by cjarratt View Post
        I have a 1983 Gs650. I just bought it a couple off weeks ago. they guy said it was a Gs650L. not sure. but i know the motor says GS650G-145121. Anyways my questions is I need carb / intake boots for it they are all cracked up and someone you can tell has tried to jbweld them in the past. I would some on Z1enterprises.com http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=4410 but they say for 80-82. And I was wondering if they would working on a 83. I can't seem to find them for a 83 anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first bike. I have seachered the forums and came up with nothing yet. I am sure its there somewhere but i have yet to find it. thanks.
        The 650's from 81 thru 83 all shared the same engine components except for a few model year improvements, so boots should fit. Note their desired orientation ( the vacuum ports ) before you remove and replace them.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

thanks. i also found out what kind of bike i have today. i have been looking everywhere and no luck i have seen that sticker on the forks or what you call them with all the info on them but didn't see the model intill today when i was playing with brakes. its a gs650gl thanks for everything and quick replies hopefully i can get her running in a few weeks and post a pic. it gonna need a lot of work.

Comment

Working...
          X