Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If anyone has ever wondered how those cheap 12" shorty mufflers sound, here you go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a literal "basket case" (lots of baskets actually) together and running late last Fall and thought that I would see if it shifted, steered, braked correctly, etc. when I got it buttoned up.
    I made it less than a hundred yards, under 20 mph, and immediately turned back around and put on my gear. I did have a helmet on.
    I had a very eery feeling after all of these years ATGATT... I just couldn't do it!
    One "habit" that I intend to keep.

Daniel

Comment

Haha...yes yes, you're right. I think we all get complacent because we're "just testing it".

ATGATT?

Comment

Just checked the link and that sounts quite loud and rorty, ilike it. If in person it sounds anything like the muffler i put on my bike (link) it is going to be LOUD. I had to take these off and get one of these as they were just too obscenely loud (94db at idle and about 104db at 5k rpm!!) and there was no way the bike would pass any annual checks.

How much baffling is there in there? just the perforated tubing inside with packed glass around it? or anything more?

Comment

Yeah, it's a perforated baffle with packed glass around it. Essentially a small cherry bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
            Haha...yes yes, you're right. I think we all get complacent because we're "just testing it".

ATGATT?
            All
            The
            Gear
            All
            The
            Time

Daniel

Comment

I had a very eery feeling after all of these years ATGATT... I just couldn't do it!
              One "habit" that I intend to keep.
              I did the same yesterday. Adjusted chain/rear wheel, put on the helmet, drove off, turned around after 100 meters and put on the gear. There's no way to explain that: "But didn't you wear your gear?" "I was just testing to see if I attached the rear wheel properly, so I didn't think it was necessary" Hahaha. I can't ride without gear.

And I love those mufflers, too! Very cool looking, and (mic and laptop speakers aside) kickass tone.

Comment

A few years ago i was testing my old gpx750 by doing a lap of the block. I threw the helmet on, went out the door and down the street. It felt WRONG not having gloves on, let alone just wearing jeans and a shirt & sneakers

Adding to my cautiousness was the fact the bike was naked of almost all it's plastic and was lobbing the front wheel in the air out of corners, it ended up feeling quite disturbing and i puttered her home in a nice & sedentry manner.

Comment

Looks like I'll be wearing my gear for all my videos from now on, haha.

Comment

I like the sound. Its throaty and not too loud. Im all about getting a good tone over just loud. Thanks for the sound check. I feel better about ordering a pair now.

Comment

Working...
                    X